At JumboNote, our aim has always been to provide students with quality performance opportunities that will excite and motivate students. Battle of the Bands is a friendly competition that JumboNote host each year which involves all our Performance Groups. All students will receive a trophy at the end of their concert, and a Junior and Senior band will be awarded as Battle of the Bands Champions for 2017. Stay tuned for a review of each band written by Director of JumboNote Darko Zoric after the concert!
JumboNote Music School’s ‘Battle of the Bands II’ concert held Sunday 26th of November at Club Punchbowl has just gotten a little more exciting with the announcement of the scoring system and the prizes on offer!
This is only the second time JumboNote is holding the ‘Battle of the Bands’ concert, and it has quickly become the Premier event of the JumboNote year!
All students involved in the concert will be receiving trophies, plus the winning bands name will be engraved on the ‘JumboNote Band Jam Champions Cup’, which will be on display in Studio B.
Battle of the Bands II 2017 Rules
1. Each band, performer, parents and friends are kindly reminded that BOTB’s is not the Eurovision Song Contest!! It is important that everybody participates in the spirit of fun, fairness and support for each band. The moment BOTB’s gets too serious with attendees or participants not accepting or queering the result of the competition is the moment we will cancel BOTB’s for good.
2. There are no restrictions in the choice of songs (just as long as there are no explicit words).
3. There will be 5 judges filling out score cards for each band. All our band coaches will be part of the judging panel. Manuel Andrade, Ben Gregory, Juan Alvear, Matthew Harrison & Darko Zoric will score each band, however, judges will not be permitted to score the bands & groups they have been coaching. Chantell Nohra is the only band coach not on the judging panel due to her commitments as MC.
4. The band accruing most points will be determined ‘JumboNote Battle of the Bands Champions 2017′.
1. Songs presented level of difficulty: / 5 (1 Merry Had a Little Lamb – 5 Beethoven on Steroids )
2. Execution of Songs: / 5 (1 Yoko Ono – 5 Steve Vai nailed it)
3. Band output all year 2017: /5 (1 insert dead star – 5 Mick Jagger & Rolling Stones still going hard at it)
4. Stage Presence/Star Quality: / 5 (1 Yoko Ono – 5 The King Elvis)
5. Crowd Response: / 5 (1 where is everyone?? – 5 Nickers thrown on stage Tom Jones style)
Win Extra Points!
Audience response will help bands win points, so we urge all punters to be vocal in their support for the bands! Also originality will win points, so we urge band members to once again ditch their ‘Minecraft’ t shirts and dress up in Rock Star fashion, smile, have some fun on stage & put on a show.
Book Tickets Online
If you haven’t yet booked tickets for our ‘Battle of the Bands’ concert, please purchase online Battle of the Bands II – Tickets on Sale NOW